Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How does Microsoft verify if you are a student/teacher for MS office Student Edition?

I want to get the promotional buy Microsoft Office 2004, get Microsoft Office 2008 free. I run various macs. However, I want to buy the Student/teacher edition for $140 or so, not the Pro version for like $300 +. I am no longer a student. Does MS verify if I am a student? Do they require a .edu email to register? Anyone install a student edition of Office in past, regardless of Mac/WINPC versions. Just want to know if I need to borrow someone's email and register it to them, because I am not spending $300 for it.



How does Microsoft verify if you are a student/teacher for MS office Student Edition?antivirus programs



Look at several sources for the student version. You are aware, though, that the student versions do not have all the bells and whistles that the Home or Pro versions have? If you know that, then proceed.



Check out SoftwareOutlet, Buy.com, StarCDRom. I have bought software from all of these at various times - they are all honest and easy to work with, shipping is not too bad, and you can often find the student version a lot cheaper through them. As to verifying whether or not you are a student, I don't see how it could be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment