Wednesday, August 18, 2010

PivotTable for Microsoft Excel...can anyone help?

I'm running Microsoft Office 2003. And I'm trying to take data from a microsoft word document and put it into an excel spreadsheet. The thing is, when I copy and paste the information, it is all put into one cell. The document is about 2000 words long and I want about 3 words in each cell. As far as I know, what I want is called a PivotTable...and there is a wizard for this in Excel...but it's not getting me anywhere. I don't really understand it. I've tried several times, but it just never worked out.



Can anyone help me and explain? Or maybe give me some tips?



Please!



PivotTable for Microsoft Excel...can anyone help?computer protection



From what you described, it doesn't seem you want need a PivotTable. If all you want to do is make split some data in Word into a table in Excel, then this is not a PivotTable issue.



You must tell Excel how you want the Word data split up. Without seeing the actual data you trying to split (please post), I can't tell you the best way to do this, but here are some tips:



1) Convert the Word Data into a Table in Word and then paste into Excel - you can do this by using:



Table%26gt;Convert%26gt;Text to Table. Enter the delimiter (a text character that tells Word where to put the columns), and your good to go.



2) If you don't have a delimiter in your text, try being creative with Find and Replace to add the delimiter in your text. For example, if the original text is:

No comments:

Post a Comment