Friday, August 20, 2010

Win XP SP2 desktop background image disappears after installing microsoft live photo gallery?

Hello everyone! I have a Fujitsu Siemens Laptop running windows XP SP2. I recently installed microsoft's Live MSN Messenger, along with microsoft live photo gallery. My desktop background image dissapears eversince! Everything else works, all the icons are in their places, there is just no background image anymore. Sometimes the background image dissapears LIVE before my very eyes! I try to set a new desktop background image by various methods but none works. My backgroung image only appears for a few moments while shutting down or booting my computer. I did a search of course and I read a lot about microsoft live photo gallery being in BETA state. But the official microsoft site says nothing about it being a beta product. I called Microsoft's help line, they were very polite, and they told me that microsoft live photo gallery is a third party application and that I sould uninstall it and see what happens. I like the live photo gallery application, what should I do? Thanks!



Win XP SP2 desktop background image disappears after installing microsoft live photo gallery?suzuki



Windows Live Photo Gallery is just one of several new ''Live'' products that Microsoft is working on. Others include the items listed here:



http://get.live.com/wl/all



With all of these new products Microsoft is having some issues. In Photo Gallery the major problem seems to be not getting the required imaging codecs automatically installed. Or, having the codecs interfere with other software already on the computer. (Like the software used in XP that controls the image viewer -- officially called the Windows Picture %26 Fax Viewer -- which is what displays your desktop background image.)

No comments:

Post a Comment